One thing which most of the people do on a holiday trip is to shop. Shopping in Jodhpur is an exciting and rewarding experience for the visitors. Jodhpur is known for its textiles, spices, arts and printing items. Apart from this Jodhpur is quite famous for its wooden art, traditional dolls, handmade lamps, colorful bangles etc. From magnificent forts to palaces and even the Jodhpur hotels, the city has caught the eye of thousands of travellers.
Famous Markets & Shops in Jodhpur
- Sojati Gate
- Station Road
- Tripolia Bazaar Mochi Bazaar
- Clock Tower
- Sarafa Bazaar
Things To Buy In Jodhpur
- Textiles: Jodhpur has a huge textile industry that sells tie-and-dye, mirror-work and block print fabrics Read. The best place to purchase Indian Traditional wear is from Sojati Gate Market, Sadar Market & Nai Sarak Market.
- Leather: Another thing to look out for shopping in this city is for its leather products. The price of these leather goods is relatively cheaper and can be easily found in the streets of Mochi Bazaar and Jutti Corner on station road.
- Spices: Jodhpur is most well known for its red chillies. The best place to shop for spices in Jodhpur is in Clock Tower for an unusual experience.
- Accessories: Take a walk through Sarafa Bazaar to find ethnic silver jewelry, colorful Lac bangles to match your outfit and well designed photo frames. Safara Bazaar is an extraordinary spot to do road shopping.
- Carpets: The carpets in Jodhpur are a treat to your eyes. Most of these carpets are hand weaved that displays traditional designs with a burst of color. You can also find a few wall hangings with beautiful embroidery work that promise to brighten your décor.
So, if you are planning a trip to this Blue City, do buy one of the items above. You can stay at the best hotels in Jodhpur for a comfortable accommodation here.